Pair of hand colored prints Athens Museum sculptures.
Pair of hand colored lithographs after the ancient polychrome sculptures from The Acropolis Museum, Athens, Greece. Executed by Marie Henriques. Published with a grant from the New Carlsberg Foundation, Copenhagen, 1911.
Both sculptures are richly painted Paros (Parian) marble. One was discovered in 1888 southwest of the Parthenon, the second statue found in 1886 west of the Temple of Erechtheion. That statue was dedicated to Athena.
Height: 24.5" x Height: 18.5".
CASE & CABINET